You are viewing a limited version of the Knowledge Base. Sign up for full access.
Why is my Ahura FirstDefender taking a long time to complete a scan?
Chemical and Gas FirstDefender
Tickets Solved: 0
Why is my FirstDefender taking so long to complete a scan.
There are several factors that affect the length of the Ahura FirstDefender scan.
- If you are performing a regular scan, ensure the unit is in Auto mode and not in Library Mode.
- If you are conducting a point-and-shoot scan, make sure the vial compartment is empty.
- If the substance has a weak molecular signal, is emitting fluorescence, or is present at very low concentrations; the unit will need several minutes to analyze.
- To determine the relative strength of the molecular signal and fluorescence, press the down arrow during the scan. A screen will appear showing the molecular signal strength and fluorescence.
- If you are scanning a powder on a hard surface, a solid material, or a droplet of liquid; use the signal meter to help determine the best spot to point the instrument.
For more questions regarding the issue, please contact technical support.
Need more help with this instrument?
Our SMEs are standing by to assist with issues and repairs.
Was this helpful?
Keywords: ahura, firstdefender, first defender, 1st defender, signal, "low concentration", shoot,